KiaOra is an investment and consulting firm, we make strategic investment in start-ups, where we believe we can add value by leveraging our global experience in successfully running and turning around businesses. We also work with established organisations on their growth strategy , leadership development and executive coaching to help them achieve greatness
To enhance knowledge, skills and abilities using technological interventions to make people’s lives better, fulfilling and enriching.
Balvinder Singh Kalsi retired in March, 2016 as President, E.I. DuPont South Asia & the Association of Southeast Asian Nations ( ASEAN ) & Chairman of Board, E. I DuPont India Pvt. Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of DuPont. He has a broad experience in leading different functions, successfully running and turning around businesses.
After his distinguished corporate career of 34 years, he is now actively engaged in investing and mentoring early stage start-ups, advising established corporates and serving as a board member
Vinod leads the startup investment and business development effort at KiaOra. He effectively uses his forward looking capabilities to identify and evaluate early stage startups. He pushes the boundaries to create new, sustainable business opportunities for start-ups. With his technical background and over 9 years of hand on sales experience he is good at understanding Customer needs and what technology has to offer, thereby coming up with great insights on the early stage startups and practical & easy to implement solution to address customer’s complex challenges
Harphool Dahiya is our finance and planning lead. Chartered accountant by profession, he is responsible for financial analysis of investment proposals. With his sound business acumen, he takes a holistic approach in evaluating any growth/investment opportunity, while leveraging his finance expertise
Global Network: We have the support and guidance of a group of highly qualified and experienced people with track record of running large global businesses
Where do we invest
We are early stage investors, we invest in businesses at seed and pre-series A stage. We are industry agnostic. We like businesses which are a nice blend of high quality innovative products, backed by great technology.
Criterion that we use to evaluate investment opportunities:
- What market need you are trying to address
- Uniqueness of the business idea
- Passion, commitment, experience and pedigree of the promoter
- Scalability and opportunity for global play
- Can we contribute to the business success based on our broad experience
How are we different
We not only bring the “Purse” but also thought leadership. We partner with budding entrepreneurs at a strategic level to:
- Help them see the bigger picture based on our broad industrial experience
- Coach and mentor them
- Act as a sounding board
- Connect them to the relevant people in our network.
Kia Ora promoters have distinguished global organizational experience of over 30 years spanning diverse range of business and functional roles with proven success of leading business growth and solving complex problems.
Support established businesses/ organizations in solving diverse and complex problems, with the aim of advancing them to next level. Specific areas of service:
- Future & Growth oriented business strategy formulation and execution support
- Organizational Design and leadership development
- Streamlining complex business challenges/processes and Increasing efficiencies
Coaching & Mentoring
- Executive coaching & mentoring is an effective tool to develop leaders in this fast-paced business world
- We coach & mentor senior management leaders and young entrepreneurs, deploying customized and structured interventions based on organizations objectives/expectations and help individuals realize their true potential
- Support early stage start-ups, with business development efforts aligned to our investment philosophy
- Utilize broad industry experience, networks and in-depth business knowledge to facilitate newer connections thereby generating significant value.
Unit No:-812-814, JMD Megapolis, Sohna Road, Sector 48, Gurugram (122018)
For any inquiries, please call or mail us: